Try your luck with these:
1. In which year did the League of Nations grant Britain mandates to govern Iraq and Palestine?
2. What currency was introduced in Palestine under the British mandate?
3. What is the difference between Mecca Time and GMT?
4. How many locks are there on the Suez canal?
5. To the nearest mile, what is the shortest distance between the West Bank and the Gaza strip territories?
6. In which city is the headquarters of the Palestinian Authority on the West Bank?
7. True or False: in 1997 the Palestinian Authority issued a postage stamp in honour of Pope John Paul II.
8. What was the name of the lead ship in the Gaza Freedom Flotilla which was attacked by the Israeli navy at the end of May 2010?
9. In January 2015 the Palestinian mens football team took part for the first time in the final stages of their regional international championship the Asia Cup. In which country was the tournament held and which countries did they play in the group stage?
10. On 10 September 2015 the United Nations General Assembly voted to fly the Palestinian flag outside its headquarters in New York. 119 members states voted in favour, 45 abstained. Which 8 member states voted against?
Now check out the answers....